I’m Nargis Shaikh (she/her), a software engineer and graphic designer from India, now an MDes (Interaction) student here at Emily Carr University. 😊
I’m interested in exploring XR technologies & my work so far investigates ways to facilitate the transition of traditional art for contemporary adaptations. ✨
- Bachelor of Engineering (Information Technology).
- MDes (Graphic design).
- Research assistant at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT, Bombay) – Industrial Design Centre.
- Select artist – Indernet Exhibition (Cologne), showcasing Indian inspired artists, working around subjects – innovation, technology, national identity, commercialisation and self-fulfilment – 2019 & 2020.
I am pleased to invite you to my Open Studio space at the C3234 MDes studio – 4th November 2021 (12 pm – 4 pm).
Emerging tech, behaviour modification, social empathy, multiculturalism, ethics in VR.
♦️ Research Questions
- In what ways can Virtual Reality (VR) support cultural heritage preservation and restoration? – Iconography, artforms, heritage structures, literature, artefacts and traditions/practices.
- How can VR experiences be designed to understand context of different cultures and effectively influence social behaviour?
Collaborative design, gamification, storytelling & problem solving – reverse traversal.